by David Laskin and Holly Hughes
Ten Good Questions To Get Discussion Going
- What do you think the title means?
- Why do you think the author opened the book this way?
- Did the jacket copy give you a fair idea of what the book
would be like?
- To what other books that the group has read could this one
- How autobiographical do you think this book is?
- Are the male or the female characters more vividly and
- Why has the author chosen this particular narrator?
Can you imagine this story told in a different voice?
- Under what conditions did various members read the book
(all in one sitting, short hits each night at bedtime, on the train, etc.)?
Was this a good or bad way to read it?
- Did this book make you want to read anything else by the
Why or why not?
- Who in hell picked this one and why?