of Successful Time and Life Management
by Hyrum W. Smith
Part I: Managing Your Time
Law 01: You control your life by controlling your time.
Law 02: Your governing values are the foundation of personal fulfillment.
Law 03: When your daily activities reflect your governing values, you experience
Law 04: To reach any significant goal, you must leave your comfort zone.
Law 05: Daily planning leverages time through increased focus.
Part II: Managing Your Life
Law 06: Your behavior is a reflection of what you truly believe.
Law 07: You satisfy needs when your beliefs are in line with reality.
Law 08: Negative behaviors are overcome by changing incorrect beliefs.
Law 09: Your self-esteem must ultimately come from within.
Law 10: Give more and you'll have more.
The TimeQuest Daily Planning Procedure
- Select an environment free from distractions.
- Review values and goals.
- Review prior day's Daily Task List for any incomplete activities.
- Review prior day's Daily Record of Events page.
- Review today's prescheduled events/appointments.
- Review Master Task List for specific activities for today's Daily Task
- Write appropriate activities in the Daily Task List.
- Update daily schedule from Monthly Calendar.
- Review the next few days' schedules to see what needs to be prepared.
- Prioritize the day's activities according to what is Vital (A), Important
(B), or Optional (C). Remember the difference between vital and urgent. Analyze your vital
tasks and assign A1, A2, A3, etc. Assign numbers to Bs and Cs as well.